Diploma of Leadership and Management
This qualification reflects the role of individuals who apply knowledge, practical skills and experience in leadership and management across a range of enterprise and industry contexts.
Individuals at this level display initiative and judgement in planning, organising, implementing and monitoring their own workload and the workload of others. They use communication skills to support individuals and teams to meet organisational or enterprise requirements.
They may plan, design, apply and evaluate solutions to unpredictable problems, and identify, analyse and synthesise information from a variety of sources.
Recognised by Australian Qualifications Framework and Nationally Recognised Training
Sydney and Melbourne campuses
Face to face Simulated workplace environment. Self-Study
52 Weeks (Including 44 weeks of training and assessment and 8 weeks of break periods)
Course entry requirements
There is no pre-requisites or specific entry requirement for this qualification. This course is available to all international students and Auscanus Institute of Australia requires that students are able to provide evidence that they:
- Have demonstrated an IELTS level at score of least 5.5 or equivalent (test results must be no more than 2 years old) or demonstration of successful completion of at least General English at Upper Intermediate or English for Academic Purposes Upper Intermediate level.
- Have a suitable level of language, literacy and numeracy to complete course requirements with or without additional support that Auscanus Institute of Australia is able to provide.
- Have successfully completed Australian year 12 or equivalent.
- Are at least at age of 18 on the date of course commencement.
- Please Note: All the students commencing this course are required to complete LLN test on the orientation day to assist Auscanus Institute of Australia to identify student’s needs for additional support during their study with Auscanus Institute of Australia.
Additional entry requirements:
- Student must have access to working PC or laptop with a configuration suitable to meet study requirements. Please seek your trainer/assessor assistance in this regard.
- Student must have sound digital literacy and access to working internet.
- Student must be able to attend scheduled theory classes and classes to be conducted in simulated environment (if schedule during Covid-19 is varied from original schedule).
- Where classroom visit is required to conduct the assessments in the compliant way and in accordance with Standard 1.8 of SRTO 2015, Auscanus Institute of Australia would not be allowing more than 4 learners (or one group, whichever is less) in the class ensuring 4 sqm social distancing is maintained.
During COVID-19 (coronavirus) outbreak, Auscanus Institute of Australia will use a flexible delivery mode for training and assessment, providing training package requirements allow for this. We would ensure that all regulatory requirements are met with as little disruptions possible. As circumstances change and restrictions are eased, these temporary arrangements will be reviewed, and enrolled students will be notified accordingly. Auscanus Institute of Australia aims to review any changes in circumstances before commencement of each term so that it has least possible impact on students and course delivery.
Auscanus Institute of Australia will seek student’s consent of online delivery and assessment (where possible) prior to their enrolment during this Covid-19 outbreak.
We are fully committed to remain transparent on the mode of delivery, resources available to students, methods of assessment and how assessment in simulated environment will be managed. We ensure that:
- Students are treated fairly and reasonably.
- Any adjustments to courses are transparent and communicated clearly to students.
- All adjustments to course delivery, the process for informing and seeking students’ consent, and information relevant to individual students is documented and retained.
A total of 12 Units (6 Core and 6 electives) must be completed and deemed competent to achieve the qualification BSB50420 Diploma of Leadership and Management.
Participants who achieve competency in any unit/s will receive a Statement of Attainment (provided USI is verified) for that unit/s without completing all 12 units in the qualification. Students completing all the required units of competency will attain full qualification.
|Communicate with influence
|Develop critical thinking in others
|Lead and manage effective workplace relationships
|Manage operational business plans
|Develop and use emotional intelligence
|Manage team effectiveness
|Manage business risk
|Manage people performance
|Develop administrative systems
|Originate and develop concepts
|Lead communication in the workplace
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)/Credit Transfer (CT)
Auscanus Institute of Australia will offer Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) and Credit Transfer (CT) to all prospective students through the enrolment process. Auscanus Institute of Australia has documented policies and procedures for these processes and students are provided details of how to apply for RPL or Credit Transfer through the enrolment process. For further details, please refer to RPL and Credit Transfer Policy and Procedure.
For all further details, please refer to the International Student Handbook available on www.auscanus.edu.au/International-Student-Handbook for all related policies and procedures and other important information related to international students including Covid-19, living cost, life and study in Melbourne, etc.